The Liberia Medicines & Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA) is the statutory arm of the Government of Liberia with responsibility to ensure that all medicines and health products circulating the borders of Liberia are safe and efficacious. The LMHRA was established based on provisions of the National Drug Policy for the establishment of a Medicines Regulatory Authority to enact and update medicines regulations to regulate the Pharmaceutical Sector, and establishment of a national quality control laboratory under the Authority. The Authority was officially established on 29 September 2010.
Our role is to protect and enhance public and animal health. We do this by assessing the safety, quality and effectiveness of medicines and health products on behalf of the public through our Quality Control Laboratory to ensure the benefits they provide outweigh any potential risks. The effective functioning of the Quality Control Laboratory depends on the equipment we have, thus it is essential to frequently maintain the available equipment & machines.
- Objectives (General and Specific)
To render technical services at the Quality Control Laboratory situated in Montserrado County, Liberia.
- Scope of Work and methodology
- Conduct installation of components (spare part) for a High-Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) equipment;
- Conduct installation of soft wares for two (2) pieces of HPLC equipment;
- Perform qualifications (both operational and performance) for both HPLC equipment;
- Guide the process for the calibration of the installed and qualified HPLC equipment;
- Troubleshoot all other lab equipment and conduct maintenance or repair as would be appropriate;
- Guide the process for the calibration of all other lab equipment as would be required;
- Conduct training for selected lab technicians on trouble-shooting and basic maintenance of lab equipment;
- Candidate profile
Interested individuals must have the requisite expertise and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in repair, maintenance and calibration of equipment used for testing of medicines and other health products. He/she must also be prepared to submit any written document as would be required to validate his/her qualification and experience in the tasks to be performed.
Candidate may be local or international/foreign
Duration of the consultancy shall be one week.
- Payment modalities
Payment modalities shall be stipulated in the final contract.
- Application Process and contact details
Interested Candidates should address applications to the following address:
Director of Human Resource (HR)
Liberia Medicines & Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA)
VP Road, Old Road, Oldest Congo Town
P.O. Box 1994 1000 Monrovia, 10 Liberia
Tel: +231 888-140-555; +231 778-140-555
Send only to the following emails:
Note: Deadline for submission of all applications: September 5, 2020.